Double Delight Concluded Silverstone Weekend

The Milltek Civic Cup championship leaders Bruce Winfield and Alistair Camp were again the stars of the show around Silverstone. Despite the reverse grid format meaning race one winner Winfield had to start tenth, he wasted no time in blasting forward.

The result means Winfield heads into the final round at Donington Park with a 30 point gap to Camp, with 52 available over the weekend. Meanwhile, David Buky was reinstated with third place after a post-race investigation.

McHugh started on pole, but contact into the opening few corners demoted the Shropshire racer as David Buky quickly moved into the lead, attempting to build a gap over the opposition.

Jamie Tonks was not prepared to let his opportunity to slip by though, hounding the #51 from the fifth lap. All eyes were on the championship leaders though as both Bruce Winfield and Alistair Camp worked together to move up the order and into third and fourth by the end of lap 5.

By lap eight, Winfield was able to pounce, running up in the inside of both Tonks and Camp into Brooklands. Camp would follow him past the rookie, needing to overtake the former race leader the long way around Luffield.

Winfield had taken the fastest lap early on, though like in the first race Camp was not prepared to settle for second, forcing the championship leader to run defensive into the major the braking zones. As the time counted down, Camp failed to do anything about his teammate, with Winfield completed a perfect weekend at Silverstone.

Buky had initially been penalised ten seconds for a start infringement, but after an investigation proved him innocent the Lancashire driver was able to claim a deserved third place, putting up a defensive display from the chargers behind.

17-year-old George Alp-Williams narrowly missed out on his first podium of the year, crossing the line just 4 seconds behind the race winner. But a 10 second penalty would demote him to eighth post-race.

As a result Tonks was promoted to fourth, having spent the latter stages battling with Buky and Alp-Williams for the final podium place.

In the race-long battle for fifth, Martin Dalzell crossed the line first, holding off the late advances of Paul Taylor and Max Lewis. The latter two had started the weekend on equal points, finish it in the same manor, having not lost sight of each other all Sunday.

Rounding out the finishers, Ross Darlington dropped slightly back from the midfield battle to finish ninth with Damian Harris and McHugh completing the finishers.